The Top 10 MUST DO’s
- Conduct yourself professionally – at all times.
- Go the extra mile – exceed the expectations of those around you and you will be remembered and invited back for more work in the future.
- When posing, think creatively and be proactive – you don’t ever want it to be hard work for a photographer to get great shots of you.
- Don’t be scared to make suggestions or, if appropriate, try new or interesting poses. What may feel unusual to execute might actually create a stunning photograph!
- Be a team player.
- Don’t be a diva! You may be labeled as the “talent” on set, but that doesn’t mean you should act like you are better than anyone else! Save the attitude for when you are staring down the camera lens.
- Do some research. If you understand what the shoot is all about and are familiar with the brand you are shooting for, you’ll find it a lot easier and more enjoyable to deliver exactly what they want.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be receptive to and encouraging of feedback. If a photographer or editor is giving you instructions or critiquing your performance, really listen to what they are saying, heed their advice and implement what you can. It is not personal – they are just trying to ensure YOU appear in the shots they want to publish. Think of their feedback as golden nuggets of advice that will help you further your career!
- Develop a thick skin – you will need it in order to be a successful model. The truth is if you offend easily then this business might not be the right one for you.
The importance of zinc doesn’t just extend to its well-known role in supporting our immune system. Zinc is one of the most vital micronutrients essential to so many daily functions in our body and our overall health and wellbeing. Without zinc, we can’t survive, let alone thrive. Benefits of Zinc Did you know more than […]
Why sleep is important for staying fit? The whole relationship between being fit and sleep deals directly with hormones, specifically leptin and ghrelin. Ghrelin lets your body know that you are hungry (even sometimes when you’re body really isn’t) and leptin signals your body to stop eating. Without the proper amount of sleep, these two […]
What Should A Modelling Portfolio Contain? When it comes to fitness modelling there is never going to be one exact “look” or “type” that every publication will go for. For this reason, your portfolio should effectively demonstrate your versatility as a model. By ensuring you present a range of different looks, situations, styles, even hair […]